It’s true, “what I’m reading posts” are some of the easiest blog posts to put together and have been around since blogs were first created. But the combination of helping people discover new things and be more informed about what’s happening in the wine world, is what It’s Wine By Me is all about.
Besides, when friends ask me, ‘How do you know so much about wine,’ it all comes back to poking around the Internet and staying on top of what others are reporting. So, here’s what’s currently crossing my radar.
While California celebrates the start of Harvest 2022, more worrisome eyes are focused on the wildfires south of Bordeaux.
- First Grapes picked in Napa Valley (Decanter)
- Sonoma Valley’s 2022 Grape Harvest Begins (Wine Industry Advisor)
- Smoke Threatens to Choke Bordeaux (Wine-Searcher)
Women in Wine
Remember the Instagram uproar over D.C.’s women in wine? Some local publications took notice, too. Plus, some additional headlines worthy of your attention.
- Women in Wine Want You to Remember Their Names (Washingtonian)
- After WaPo Critic Couldn’t Name Any Local Female Sommeliers, D.C.’s Wine Women Speak Up (DCist)
- More wine sellers make representing diverse vintners a priority (The Washington Post)
- Why Women in Wine Are Hustling to Stay Afloat (Wine Enthusiast)
You must be logged in to post a comment.